See a Pharmacist to STOP snoring
When sleep-trained, they help you stop snoring by screening and signposting you appropriately, and helping you address the underlying causes.
Why do Anything About Snoring?
Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
Snoring is often seen as a joke.
But did you know that the snorer with untreated sleep apnoea can expect to:
Die 20 years sooner1
than the average lifespan, independent of age, sex and weight?
Snoring may be a symptom of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA).
The sleep-trained pharmacist understands snoring isn’t funny.
They know snoring means you are:
- Experiencing relationship disharmony
- Perhaps sleeping apart
- Perhaps have no holidays because of enforced sleep disruption when sharing a hotel room
- May fear travelling due to concern over falling asleep during long journeys on public transport and the consequent ridicule and embarrassment
You deserve valid help.
Around 40% of the UK report regular snoring2
How do Pharmacists help?
Screening, Recognising and Signposting
The sleep-trained pharmacist will:
- Assess your snoring and contributory factors
- Screen you for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) and relevant comorbidities
- Discuss evidence-based help that may extend your healthy life
- Connect you with the appropriate NICE recommended treatment3
Benefits & Outcomes
You will be:
- Assessed by a sleep-trained professional
- Screened for symptoms of OSA
- Signposted appropriately
You will know:
- Why you snore
- What to do about it
- Where to go to stop
You will receive a comprehensive, actionable, personal report.
And if you’re sleepy when you should be awake (hypersomnolent) you may ask the pharmacist to bring this to your GP’s attention.
Sleep-trained pharmacists can also help with the underlying reasons WHY you snore.
For example, they can offer professional help and advice with:
- Weight management
- Smoking cessation
- Alcohol reduction/cessation
- A medicines review (perhaps a prescription medicine is having an unforeseen sedative effect worsening your snoring/OSA)
- Offer advice re positional therapy
Do you need to?
Be closer to your loved one
Wake up rested
Find a sleep-trained pharmacist
Gareth Evans BPharm (Hons), MRPharmS
t: 0333 230 9204
Offers virtual consultations via Zoom
Designed for Distanced Delivery #ddd
We created our software with distanced delivery in mind. While face-2-face assessment would be ideal, circumstances (and covid19) may not permit.
So our online services are: “Designed for Distanced Delivery” meaning snorers and pharmacists can speak via Zoom, Teams, Meet etc. as preferred.
This is a brand new service.
We’ll add more pharmacies here as they begin to see patients.
Bookmark this page and sign up for our newsletter for updates!
- Finn L, Young T. Sleep Disordered Breathing and Mortality: Eighteen-Year Follow-up of the Wisconsin Sleep Cohort. Year Pulm Dis. 2009;2009:291-292. doi:10.1016/s8756-3452(08)791813
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2542952/ ↗ Accessed January 14, 2020.
- Ohayon MM, Guilleminault C, Priest RG, Caulet M. Snoring and breathing pauses during sleep: Telephone interview survey of a United Kingdom population sample. Br Med J. 1997;314(7084):860-863. doi:10.1136/bmj.314.7084.860 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9093095/ ↗ Accessed January 14, 2020.
- NICE CKS. Obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome. Clinical knowledge summaries. https://cks.nice.org.uk/obstructive-sleep-apnoea-syndrome ↗ Accessed 30th June 2020.
Snorer Pharmacy (trademark pending) utilises Snorer.me Signposting™ which is a CE marked Clinical Decision Support System (CDSS) software as a medical device (SaMD). The manufacturer is Snorer.com Ltd.
Page created by Adrian Zacher. All rights reserved. Copyright 2020. ｜ Last updated 9th Jan 2021