See a Pharmacist to STOP snoring
When sleep-trained, they help you stop snoring by screening and signposting you appropriately, and helping you address the underlying causes.
Find a sleep-trained pharmacist
Gareth Evans BPharm (Hons), MRPharmS
t: 0333 230 9204
Offers virtual consultations via Zoom
Why do Anything About Snoring?
Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
Snoring is often seen as a joke.
But did you know that the snorer with untreated sleep apnoea can expect to:
Die up to 20 years sooner1Finn L, Young T. Sleep Disordered Breathing and Mortality: Eighteen-Year Follow-up of the Wisconsin Sleep Cohort. Year Pulm Dis. 2009;2009:291-292. doi:10.1016/s8756-3452(08)791813
than the average lifespan, independent of age, sex and weight?
Snoring may be a symptom of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA).
The sleep-trained pharmacist understands snoring isn’t funny.
They know snoring means you are:
- Experiencing relationship disharmony
- Perhaps sleeping apart
- Perhaps have no holidays because of enforced sleep disruption when sharing a hotel room
- May fear travelling due to concern over falling asleep during long journeys on public transport and the consequent ridicule and embarrassment
You deserve valid help.
Around 40% of the UK report regular snoring2
How do Pharmacists help?
Screening, Recognising and Signposting
The sleep-trained pharmacist will:
- Assess your snoring and contributory factors
- Screen you for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) and relevant comorbidities
- Discuss evidence-based help that may extend your healthy life
- Connect you with the appropriate NICE recommended treatment3
Benefits & Outcomes
You will be:
- Assessed by a sleep-trained professional
- Screened for symptoms of OSA
- Signposted appropriately
You will know:
- Why you snore
- What to do about it
- Where to go to stop
You will receive a comprehensive, actionable, personal report.
And if you’re sleepy when you should be awake (hypersomnolent) you may ask the pharmacist to bring this to your GP’s attention.
Sleep-trained pharmacists can also help with the underlying reasons WHY you snore.
For example, they can offer professional help and advice with:
- Weight management
- Smoking cessation
- Alcohol reduction/cessation
- A medicines review (perhaps a prescription medicine is having an unforeseen sedative effect worsening your snoring/OSA)
- Offer advice re positional therapy
Do you need to?
Be closer to your loved one
Wake up rested
We created our software with distanced delivery in mind. While face-2-face assessment would be ideal, circumstances (and covid19) may not permit.
So our online services are: “Designed for Distanced Delivery” meaning snorers and pharmacists can speak via Zoom, Teams, Meet etc. as preferred.
Snorer Pharmacy® is brand new!
We’ll add more pharmacies here as they begin to see patients.
Bookmark this page and sign up for our newsletter for updates!
- Finn L, Young T. Sleep Disordered Breathing and Mortality: Eighteen-Year Follow-up of the Wisconsin Sleep Cohort. Year Pulm Dis. 2009;2009:291-292. doi:10.1016/s8756-3452(08)791813
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2542952/ ↗ Accessed January 14, 2020.
- Ohayon MM, Guilleminault C, Priest RG, Caulet M. Snoring and breathing pauses during sleep: Telephone interview survey of a United Kingdom population sample. Br Med J. 1997;314(7084):860-863. doi:10.1136/bmj.314.7084.860 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9093095/ ↗ Accessed January 14, 2020.
- NICE CKS. Obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome. Clinical knowledge summaries. https://cks.nice.org.uk/obstructive-sleep-apnoea-syndrome ↗ Accessed 30th June 2020.
Snorer Pharmacy® (registered trademark) utilises Snorer.me Signposting™ which is a CE marked Clinical Decision Support System (CDSS) software as a medical device (SaMD). The manufacturer is Snorer.com Ltd.
Page created by Adrian Zacher. All rights reserved. Copyright 2020-2022. ｜ Last updated 3rd Feb 2022