On-demand eCPD for the UK dentist
This on-demand, video course provides you with Dental Sleep Medicine training and business development.
It’s for dentists wishing to further their knowledge and understanding about treating patients who snore and/or may have obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA).
This UK specific course offers you:
- Knowledge of how to screen patients for OSA (all important)
- Ongoing membership of our private FaceBook support group (with community pharmacists who may refer patients to you)
- Listing on the Snorer Pharmacy® database for community pharmacists to find you
The on-demand training course consists of 9 chapters. Each made up of multiple short (typically 3-5 minute videos). Sign up and start immediately.
The peer-reviewed curriculum has been created in line with the content requirements set out in the Association of Respiratory Technology and Physiology’s Standard of Care document for Mandibular Repositioning Devices* and created in line with the requirements of the NHS Information Standard.
As such, you’ll become eligible for insurance cover from the DDU and DPL.
You will learn How to screen patients and identify those who are safe to treat without a prior medical diagnosis and recognise those who need further investigation.You are empowered to act in the U.K. This is a unique situation in the World.
Upon completion, all students with a GDC number, will be posted a paper Course Certificate, stating the Course Objectives and Enhanced, Verifiable CPD credit earned (7 hours).
We’re not a manufacturer of anti-snoring devices. So, you’ll get the full picture… we discuss the pros and cons of all categories of mandibular repositioning device (and you’ll learn what these categories are!).
Learn from Adrian how to:
- Screen for sleep apnoea
- Help snorers without waiting for a medical referral
- Get the protrusive ‘bite’ right
- Select the most appropriate custom oral appliance
- Build your sleep business
- Become an expert in a new and developing field
- Build a network of referral sources
- And much more!
The complete Snorer.training course meets the criteria set by the GDC for 7 hours of enhanced, verifiable CPD.
We’re confident you’ll be delighted with the course, so we offer a “30-Day Money-Back Guarantee” to ensure your satisfaction. If for any reason you wish to discontinue, we will promptly issue a refund.
Simply contact Adrian firstname.lastname@example.org about our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
Snorer.training has been peer-reviewed by Dr Shouresh Charkhandeh DDS.
On-demand, Enhanced CPD for the UK dentist
- Learn How to screen for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA)
- Know When to prescribe an anti-snoring device or refer for further investigation
- Learn How to stay within the bounds of your professional indemnity insurance (DDU & DPL)
- Have snorers find you with a basic listing on Snorer.me Signposting™
- Ongoing support from your instructor and peers in our private FaceBook group
Meet your instructor
Sleep patient advocate/champion
Hello! I train healthcare professionals how to help their patients stop snoring; sleep and breathe at the same time. Many of my customers find their work so rewarding they limit their practice to it.
I began in the sleep business in 1994, yet I am NOT a pharmacist, dentist nor a doctor. I am however, an instructor, inventor, author, market access business consultant, car enthusiast, amateur cook and proud Dad to 2 fab kids.
I used to make oral appliances for diagnosed sleep apnoea patients and there’s more about me here .
- Chapter 1 – Basic Training
- Chapter 2 – Don’t Fix their Snoring!
- Chapter 3 – There is no ‘I’ in Team
- Chapter 4 – Good Guys Finish First
- Chapter 5 – Snorers Need Love Too
- Chapter 6 – Hit and Miss
- Chapter 7 – Lost in the Dark?
- Chapter 8 – Things that go ‘Bump’ in the night
- Chapter 9 – You’re Special
- Final Assessment and Statutory Declaration
Your login details:
On-demand, Professional CPD specifically for the UK dentist
The Snorer.training course provides enhanced CPD for general dentists and support staff wishing to further their knowledge and understanding about managing patients who snore and/or may have obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA).
Complete course (9 chapters) Aims, Learning Objectives, Educational Outcomes for Verifiable CPD
- To enlighten GDPs about sleep related breathing disorders and the vital role they may play enhancing the lives of their patients’ sleep and breathing.
- To educate General Dental Practitioners (GDPs) to safely provide anti-snoring devices.
- To empower GDPs to act upon the education they have undertaken.
This online program (Academy) is divided into 9 individual chapters, each with a short assessment and explanation. The final examination has a minimum pass mark (80%) to satisfy verifiable CPD requirements and ensure GDPs are educated sleep professionals.
The specific learning objectives are:
- Understand the relationship between snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) and identify the signs and symptoms.
- Understand how to screen, assess, treat and monitor snoring patients.
- Understand the role of the dentist concerning sleep related breathing disorders (SRBD).
- Understand the basic indications/contraindications for mandibular repositioning devices (MRDs).
- Understand how to record a protrusive bite registration.
- Understand the dentist’s “Duty of Care” for MRD users. Understand MRD titration protocols for snoring and OSA.
*ARTP Standards of Care document accessible from this page: http://www.artp.org.uk/en/sleep/sleep-standards/sleep-documents.cfm/sleep-standards-iods [opens in a new tab].
(Visible when you’re logged in)