Online CPD for dentists
The KnowSleep™ Academy provides online CPD education for dentists interested in managing sleep-related breathing disorders with oral appliance therapy.
KnowSleep™ snoring courses for dentists
We believe that dentists have a vital role to play, as part of the sleep-patient care team, recognising sleep apnoea symptoms and managing snoring patients.
- International and UK specific KnowSleep™ courses
- Fully supported learning
- Enhanced CPD
- Independent, evidence-based content
- Video introduction
- Money-Back Guarantee
- Course outlines
- Course tutor and presenter
- Why snoring and sleep apnoea online CPD?
- Peer reviewer
- What we do to help, educate and inform
- User Reviews
- Patient information
International & UK specific KnowSleep™ Academy online CPD
Do the UK specific KnowSleep™ online CPD course to learn:
- How to screen patients and identify those who are safe to treat without a prior medical diagnosis1
- Recognise those who need further investigation
By training How and When to provide this increasingly popular therapy, you become eligible for professional indemnity insurance cover from both the DDU2 and DPL3, because the KnowSleep™ Academy (UK) curriculum has been created in-line with the Association of Respiratory Technology and Physiology’s Standard of Care document for Mandibular Repositioning Devices4 content requirements.
Core course content has been delivered face-2-face to dentists since 1995 and is now, for the first time available via video lessons on-demand. Now you can learn dental sleep medicine at your own rate and fit enhanced CPD around your life.
Fully supported learning
All courses gain enhanced CPD and enjoy ongoing support in a private FaceBook group and we periodically schedule webinars with interactive FAQs.
The complete KnowSleep™ Academy training (UK) meets the criteria set by the GDC for 7 hours of Enhanced and Verifiable CPD (eCPD).
All registrants with a GDC number, who complete the course, will receive a paper course certificate stating the course aims, objectives and hours studied.
Independent, evidence-based content
The KnowSleep™ Academy (as are our Information Guides) has been created in line with the requirements of NHS England’s Information Standard and upon completion, all students with a GDC number, will be posted a paper Course Certificate, stating the Course Aims, Objectives and Enhanced CPD credit earned (7 hours).
The KnowSleep™ Academy is not a product of a manufacturer of oral appliances:
We have no bias towards our own mandibular advancement device! [Because we don’t make them!]
We’re confident you’ll be delighted with the KnowSleep™ Academy, so we offer a “30-Day Money-Back Guarantee” to ensure your satisfaction. If for any reason you wish to discontinue using the Academy, we will promptly issue a refund. Simply contact Adrian [email protected] about our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
KnowSleep™ Academy online CPD course outlines:
You will learn how to:
- Screen for sleep apnoea
- Help snorers without waiting for a medical referral
- Get the protrusive ‘bite’ right
- Select the most appropriate custom oral appliance
- Build your sleep business
- Become an expert in a new and developing field
- Build a network of referral sources
KnowSleep™ Academy (non UK) complete
You will learn how to:
- Help snorers
- Get the ‘bite’ right
- Select custom oral appliances
- Build your sleep business
- Become an expert
- Build a network of referral sources
- And much more!
Course tutor and presenter
Adrian Zacher MBA, is
- founder of Snorer.com
- co-founder and former CEO of the British Society of Dental Sleep Medicine
- and instigator of the pre-treatment screening protocol
- lead author of Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology “Sleep-Disordered Breathing”, 2018, Elsevier Press5
Click to expand profile
Adrian was the dental sleep medicine (DSM), subject matter expert and International Business Development Manager for ResMed, he studied at Judge Business School in Cambridge and brings a quarter of a Century of DSM experience, and international market insight to help YOU – help more patients.
Adrian founded and ran Zacher Sleep Appliances (for over a decade) and personally made virtually every type of custom anti-snoring device available today.
As with all the other information he provides, his opinions are formed from hands-on experience, actually working with a vast number of anti-snoring devices.
Why snoring and sleep apnoea online CPD?
Click play (90 seconds) to understand how Adrian became hooked on snoring and sleep apnoea treatment (dental sleep medicine) – and why he feels you will want to experience such rewarding feedback.
Easy to use resources – whether you prefer written words, on-demand video or live webinars with Q&As, useful content has been created to suit you.
The KnowSleep™ online CPD snoring course for dentists is on-demand and fully supported.
We’re here to help.
With evidence-based course content and resources created by the founder and other industry leaders, you can be sure you’ll take something away to implement immediately.
We’re not tied to any MAD manufacturer or therapy provider, so what you learn is completely impartial.
Having a broad knowledge means that you’ll be well placed to prescribe the device that suits your patient best.
Online CPD for dentists – Peer reviewer
Also, the information provided will be a great starting point for any dentist who’s interested in learning about Dental Sleep Medicine.
In summary; a well-organized, thorough online learning tool!! Dr Shouresh Charkhandeh DDS
What we do to help educate and inform
What we do to help, educate and inform
Adrian is the principal tutor for the KnowSleep™ Academy. As part of our drive for patients and partners to KnowSleep™ he co-authors (with amongst others 3 Professors) 5 free Information Guides. These are also produced in line with the Principles and Requirements of UK England’s NHS Information Standard.
The Information Standard is a certification programme for all organisations producing evidence-based health and care information for the public. Any organisation achieving The Information Standard has undergone a rigorous assessment to check that the information they produce is clear, accurate, balanced, evidence-based and up-to-date.
We also provide the World’s first anonymous sleep apnoea testing process (ASAP™), in partnership with Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. ASAP™ enables enables vigilance critical employees to get help with problem sleepiness, rather than face the conundrum of risking falling asleep at work or prejudicing their livelihood.
KnowSleep™ Academy online CPD user reviews
Evidence-based patient information Guides
Check out our free Patient Information Guide about Mandibular Advancement Devices:
Adrian co-authored the Information Guide with Dr Roy Dookun BDS (former BSDSM President).
There are two basic groups of mouthpieces that may help with snoring by holding your jaw forwards.
The first group you can buy in shops and online, they are the so called “one-size-fits-all” type also variously known as non-custom, ‘self-fit’, ‘boil and bite’ anti-snoring mouthpieces.
The second group of mouthpieces or mandibular advancement splint is custom-made exclusively for you by a dentist with a special interest in sleep apnoea / apnea.
- Stradling,J, Dookun,R “Snoring and the role of the GDP: British Society of Dental Sleep Medicine (BSDSM) pre-treatment screening protocol”, British Dental Journal 206, 307 – 312 (2009)
Published online: 28 March 2009 | doi:10.1038/sj.bdj.2009.214. http://www.nature.com/bdj/journal/v206/n6/full/sj.bdj.2009.214.html [accessed 04 July 2016]
- Dental Defence Union Position Statement, Snoring treatment, https://www.theddu.com/press-centre/press-releases/snoring-treatment [accessed 15th June 2018]
- Dental Protection Ltd, Position Statement, Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome (OSA), https://www.dentalprotection.org/uk/publications-resources/updates/updates/2014/12/10/snoring-and-obstructive-sleep-apnoea-syndrome [accessed 15th June 2018]
- ARTP Standards of Care for Mandibular Repositioning Devices. http://www.artp.org.uk/download.cfm/docid/63B69B37-37E8-48D1-8A6B92749EDFDD1E [accessed 04 July 2016]
- Sleep-disordered Breathing, Adrian Zacher & Michael McDevitt, Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology – E-Book: Expert Consult: Online, Elsevier Health Sciences, 2017. Accessible here: https://www.elsevier.com/books/carranzas-clinical-periodontology/newman/978-0-323-18824-1 [accessed 15th June 2018]
© Snorer.com / snorer.training 2017/2018. All rights reserved.
Images © Tyler Olson/www.shutterstock.com
KnowSleep™ is a trademark of Snorer.com Ltd. © Snorer.com Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved.
Created by Emma Easton | Page last updated 12th Nov 2018