Snoring courses for dentists
KnowSleep™ On-demand, Professional Education Academy about sleep and snoring specifically for the dentist
KnowSleep™ snoring courses for dentists
We believe that dentists have a vital role to play, as part of the sleep-patient care team, recognising sleep apnoea symptoms and managing snoring patients.
KnowSleep™ or No Sleep?
We want you to know sleep, so we provide on-demand training to develop and enable you to be an informed member of the sleep-patient care team.
We provide Dental Sleep Medicine training on-demand, that offers you:
- Background knowledge of sleep-related breathing disorders associated with snoring
- Knowledge of dental signs and symptoms of sleep-related breathing disorders
- Knowledge of how to get the protrusive ‘Bite’ right to be able to prescribe an Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD)
- Knowledge of what to consider when selecting the most appropriate MAD for a patient
- Knowledge of how to build your dental sleep practice
- Enhanced CPD at your pace, to fit around your schedule
- Ongoing support from your instructor and peers, in a private FaceBook group
With access to all the above, again and again, whenever you choose, we’re confident you will KnowSleep™.
International and UK specific KnowSleep™ courses
Do the UK specific KnowSleep™ snoring course to learn:
- How to screen patients and identify those who are safe to treat without a prior medical diagnosis1
- Recognise those who need further investigation
By training How and When to provide this increasingly popular therapy, you become eligible for professional indemnity insurance cover from both the DDU2 and DPL3, because the KnowSleep™ curriculum has been created in-line with the Association of Respiratory Technology and Physiology’s Standard of Care document for Mandibular Repositioning Devices4 content requirements.
Fully supported learning
All courses gain CPD and enjoy ongoing support in a private FaceBook group and we periodically schedule webinars with interactive FAQs.
The complete Academy meets the criteria set by the GDC for 7 hours of Enhanced and Verifiable CPD (eCPD).
The Academy (as are our Information Guides) has been created in line with the requirements of NHS England’s Information Standard and upon completion, all students with a GDC number, will be posted a paper Course Certificate, stating the Course Aims, Objectives and Enhanced CPD credit earned (7 hours).
We’re confident you’ll be delighted with the KnowSleep™ Academy, so we offer a “30-Day Money-Back Guarantee” to ensure your satisfaction. If for any reason you wish to discontinue using the Academy, we will promptly issue a refund. Simply contact Adrian [email protected] about our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
Adrian was the dental sleep medicine (DSM), subject matter expert and International Business Development Manager for ResMed, he studied at Judge Business School in Cambridge and brings a quarter of a Century of DSM experience, and international market insight to help YOU help more patients.
He founded and ran Zacher Sleep Appliances (for over a decade) and personally made virtually every type of custom anti-snoring device available today.
As with all the other information he provides, his opinions are formed from hands-on experience, actually working with a vast number of anti-snoring devices.
Why Dental Sleep Medicine?
Click play (90 seconds) to understand how Adrian became hooked on dental sleep medicine – and why he wants you to experience such rewarding feedback.
The KnowSleep™ snoring course for dentists is on-demand and fully supported.
We’re here to help.
With evidence-based course content and resources created by the founder and other industry leaders, you can be sure you’ll take something away to implement immediately.
We’re not tied to any MAD manufacturer or therapy provider, so what you learn is completely impartial.
Having a broad knowledge means that you’ll be well placed to prescribe the device that suits your patient best.
Also, the information provided will be a great starting point for any dentist who’s interested in learning about Dental Sleep Medicine.
In summary; a well-organized, thorough online learning tool!! Dr Shouresh Charkhandeh DDS
What we do to help, educate and inform
Adrian is the principal tutor for the KnowSleep™ Academy. As part of our drive for patients and partners to KnowSleep™ he co-authors (with amongst others 3 Professors) 5 free Information Guides. These are also produced in line with the Principles and Requirements of UK England’s NHS Information Standard.
The Information Standard is a certification programme for all organisations producing evidence-based health and care information for the public. Any organisation achieving The Information Standard has undergone a rigorous assessment to check that the information they produce is clear, accurate, balanced, evidence-based and up-to-date.
We also provide the World’s first anonymous sleep apnoea testing process (ASAP™), in partnership with Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. ASAP™ enables enables vigilance critical employees to get help with problem sleepiness, rather than face the conundrum of risking falling asleep at work or prejudicing their livelihood.
Academy Training User Reviews
Adrian writes the Snorer.com blog, where he examines common (and sometimes misguided) approaches to manage snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea / apnea (OSA).
Here’s a selection of snoring and sleep apnoea / apnea ‘treatment’ related posts, you may find interesting:
- How to Choose the Best Anti-Snoring Device? Sleep-Expert Review against the Top 13 Criteria
- Guidelines for the Medical Profession? Oral Appliances for Snoring/OSA
- Chin Straps for Snoring? Safe, Effective or Dangerous? 2018 [With video]
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Anti-Snoring Devices [The Definitive Guide 2018]
Adrian co-authored the Guide with Dr Roy Dookun BDS (former BSDSM President).
There are two basic groups of mouthpieces that may help with snoring by holding your jaw forwards.
The first group you can buy in shops and online, they are the so called “one-size-fits-all” type also variously known as non-custom, ‘self-fit’, ‘boil and bite’ anti-snoring mouthpieces.
The second group of mouthpieces or mandibular advancement splint is custom-made exclusively for you by a dentist with a special interest in sleep apnoea / apnea.
- Stradling,J, Dookun,R “Snoring and the role of the GDP: British Society of Dental Sleep Medicine (BSDSM) pre-treatment screening protocol”, British Dental Journal 206, 307 – 312 (2009)
Published online: 28 March 2009 | doi:10.1038/sj.bdj.2009.214. http://www.nature.com/bdj/journal/v206/n6/full/sj.bdj.2009.214.html [accessed 04 July 2016]
- Dental Defence Union Position Statement, Snoring treatment, https://www.theddu.com/press-centre/press-releases/snoring-treatment [accessed 15th June 2018]
- Dental Protection Ltd, Position Statement, Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome (OSA), https://www.dentalprotection.org/uk/publications-resources/updates/updates/2014/12/10/snoring-and-obstructive-sleep-apnoea-syndrome [accessed 15th June 2018]
- ARTP Standards of Care for Mandibular Repositioning Devices. http://www.artp.org.uk/download.cfm/docid/63B69B37-37E8-48D1-8A6B92749EDFDD1E [accessed 04 July 2016]
- Sleep-disordered Breathing, Adrian Zacher & Michael McDevitt, Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology – E-Book: Expert Consult: Online, Elsevier Health Sciences, 2017. Accessible here: https://www.elsevier.com/books/carranzas-clinical-periodontology/newman/978-0-323-18824-1 [accessed 15th June 2018]
© Snorer.com / snorer.training 2017/2018. All rights reserved.
Images © Tyler Olson/www.shutterstock.com
KnowSleep™ is a trademark of Snorer.com Ltd. © Snorer.com Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved.
Created by Emma Easton | Page last updated 23rd July 2018